Our Offshore Support Vessel ‘LEV TORNADO’ is a former British Navy ship. It was built in 1979 on the prestigious shipyard Hall & Russell in Aberdeen and was used at the Navy Auxiliary Services for torpedo recovery and diving operations.
LEV TORNADO was purchased from the INNOVEN group in 2012 and transferred from the UK to Bremerhaven.
Although the core substance of the ship was in extremely good condition, when looking at its age, it went through an allround re-fit and certification in 2013 and 2014.
Today LEV TORNADO is equipped with best state-of-the-art navigational equipment and technologies as well as completely refurbished accommodation area. For details please refer to the datasheet and photo gallery of the vessel.
The vessel is ideally suited and has been used for the following jobs in offshore wind farms:
- ROV operations
- Accommodation vessel for service teams (together with tender boat)
- Base ship for diving operations (together with tender boat)
- Cargo runs
- Guard vessel duties
- Seismic and geophysical measurements
For these jobs the LEV TORNADO can be equipped with our TENDER boats.
- Offshore Pax/Technicians: up to, 10 depending on the job and required crew size
- Max sea voyage without port-call: 30 days
- Internet, email and SAT-TV on board
- On-board crane 5 t. SWL
- Deck winch with 5 t. tension force, 200 m wire
- Stern ramp
- Working deck: 200 m² with container sockets for 10 ft., 20 ft. and 40 ft. containers
- Supply of high quality organic food
- Transit speed: 10 – 15 Kn.
- Transit consumption: 3,8 - 6,7 mt/day
To ensure that LEV TORNADO will be ready for the offshore challenges of the future, we have the following upgrades in 2017:
- Additional onboard crane with 8,5 t SWL
- Boat landing for offshore crew transfer
- Four point mooring equipment – in service: mid 2018
- Installation of thrusters to improve maneuverability: end 2018